From The Author

Hey Readers! If you are looking for some excitement and mystery, with a little adventure, you have come to the right place! 'The Mystery of M' Series is targeted toward teen to young adults who enjoy a good mystery/adventure. Be sure to click on "Comment" and leave me a note with your thoughts. Enjoy the site!

Sunday, September 13, 2020

Big Reveal...well almost!

Ready for the big reveal?

This month I'll be giving you a peek behind the closed door, with a look at the cover and title of my 7th novel. Also, this month, I'll be revealing a character bio from one of my novels.

For today, let's talk about how I develop a character. There are many ways to do it and none of them are wrong.

Characters that show up in my novels might be brought in as a necessity or as an enjoyable addition. Characters, even minor ones, are needed, like people in our own lives, to help develop and grow the other characters.

Just because a character is an important part of the story though, doesn't mean you (as the writer) need to include all the details about them. I guess that's one aspect that makes writing novels better than doing movies or television shows. I don't need to explain or describe every characters' complete outward appearance. In fact, I have a character in every one of my novels that doesn't have a physical description at all. ...Do you know who that is? (If you have figured it out, leave me a comment and let me know.)

Other characters need to be developed more fully because enough detail is given that, as the writer, I don't want the books to contradict each other.

Characters like Chyli Anders and Jake Hammil are definitely developed more completely than say, William Derks from The Mystery of Millions.

No comments: