From The Author

Hey Readers! If you are looking for some excitement and mystery, with a little adventure, you have come to the right place! 'The Mystery of M' Series is targeted toward teen to young adults who enjoy a good mystery/adventure. Be sure to click on "Comment" and leave me a note with your thoughts. Enjoy the site!

Sunday, September 20, 2020

Character Development

    There are many ways to develop a character. In this entry I would like to remind you of a minor character by the name of Drew Mekil. This character first appeared in the first mystery, The Mystery of Medicine. 

    As a reader, we first meet him at the homecoming dance where he is crowned homecoming prince as a freshman. A simple physical description is given, he has black, straight hair.

    The reader has enough detail to picture him, but as a writer we can step further into his life. Thinking through where he came from, what he knows, what he does for fun, etc. These additional things can help shape how he will be brought into future novels. 

    Now, let's hear from Drew, about his early life and how he came to Carlsmon High School:

I grew up in Arizona and moved to Carlsmon, California before starting junior high. I have enjoyed living in Carlsmon, but miss my dad who is away serving in the military. My mom and I moved here to be closer to my aunt and uncle who both live with their families in Carlsmon. Let's see, more about me personally...I play the acoustic guitar and love to sing. I have been thinking it would be fun to get a group together to play and sing at some retirement homes around town.

I first met Chyli Anders on the dance floor as a freshman at the homecoming. She sure is nice and has a pretty singing voice which I found out later. I actually met Jake Hammil that same night, though I already knew Mike and George, his younger brothers, from earlier in the year. Mike and I had some of the same classes. 

No comments: