From The Author

Hey Readers! If you are looking for some excitement and mystery, with a little adventure, you have come to the right place! 'The Mystery of M' Series is targeted toward teen to young adults who enjoy a good mystery/adventure. Be sure to click on "Comment" and leave me a note with your thoughts. Enjoy the site!

Friday, June 29, 2012

June 29, 2012


What do you think of when someone says “handsome”? You might think the classic (tall, dark, and handsome), but I think many of you are thinking. “A blond with blue eyes!” This is a good example of describing the characters. If a writer just says “handsome”, the reader has license to put a face with that description. Some readers will picture a blond, others will see a brunette. The writer can either leave the details to the reader or add them into the book so the reader sees exactly what the writer sees.
I would rather do the latter. I want my readers to see the exact description that I see in my mind’s eye.
There are some writers who are all about the actions in the book. What will happen next? How will the mystery or adventure be resolved? I like to add the descriptions of the characters, their feeling, and the descriptions of the scenes I am imagining. To me that makes the story more believable. 

No comments: