From The Author

Hey Readers! If you are looking for some excitement and mystery, with a little adventure, you have come to the right place! 'The Mystery of M' Series is targeted toward teen to young adults who enjoy a good mystery/adventure. Be sure to click on "Comment" and leave me a note with your thoughts. Enjoy the site!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Question & Answer Session:

Interviewer: What type of books do you write?
Shari: I would say Young Adult Mystery/Adventure.
I: How did I get into writing?
S: I remember falling in love with writing in high school. I don't really remember why, but since then I have loved writing. I think even those mandatory papers for school have influenced how I write now.
I: What are some tips you would give to other writers out there?
S: This is a big one. Always carry a notebook with you. I have found that many different events in my life have influenced what I write about in your books. Also, don't be afraid to rewrite, rewrite, and rewrite. As on of my friends said: "The tortoise always wins." You don't need to rush through the writing process of your books, if you take time now it will be well spent.
I: More specifically about your stories. How did you come up with your main female character's name, Chyli. And how is it pronounced?
S: The name is pronounced "chili" and it was inspired by a horse I rode many years ago. Not really sure why I used it for the main character's name, but I remember wanting a name that would be unique and special. As I said, the different events in your life can really influence your books.
I: Okay, last question for now, What are you most looking forward to right now?
S: Oh, I would have to say the ACFW (American Christian Fiction Writers) conference next month in St. Louis. It will be great to talk to the other Christian authors from around the world that are already influencing the reading communities. I hope to learn a lot and have lots of fun as well!
I: Well thank you Shari.
S: You're welcome!
I: And thank you readers for checking out this short interview with Shari Lynn Brown, author of 'The Mystery of M' Series. Feel free to ask her any more questions by sending a Comment on this blog. Happy reading!

No comments: