From The Author

Hey Readers! If you are looking for some excitement and mystery, with a little adventure, you have come to the right place! 'The Mystery of M' Series is targeted toward teen to young adults who enjoy a good mystery/adventure. Be sure to click on "Comment" and leave me a note with your thoughts. Enjoy the site!

Sunday, January 31, 2021

Filling in the Gaps

As I have mentioned previously, I don't write all my books using the same process. For the current novel I'm working on, I'm using a different process again. The draft for this book as been written for several years, it's one of the books I wrote then shelved to develop the characters. Now I am reworking the draft to be longer and have more details, including how the different scenes link together to form a story and a mystery to be solved. 

One thing I keep in mind while rereading and writing is that the story doesn't have to be written in order of how the novel will be in it's final form. That's the beauty of using a computer, or even a notebook for that matter. With a computer we can copy/cut/paste if we want to move something before or after something else. We can also rewrite while still seeing what we wrote before. I have used each of these ways and others to work on my writing styles and this novel is no different.

I also make sure I'm not just adding in "fluff" content. I want each word in my books to take the reader on an adventure and to propel them forward to see where the mystery will go. It's fun to think about it like that, it makes working on the writing part that much more fun. I'm not just writing, but telling my readers a story.

What writing process do you like to use? Do you use more than one?

No comments: