From The Author

Hey Readers! If you are looking for some excitement and mystery, with a little adventure, you have come to the right place! 'The Mystery of M' Series is targeted toward teen to young adults who enjoy a good mystery/adventure. Be sure to click on "Comment" and leave me a note with your thoughts. Enjoy the site!

Saturday, October 31, 2020

Interview with Mrs. Spinwin (The Mystery of Mechanics)

Setting: It is getting dark and we are here at Mrs. Spinwin's house to enjoy some friendly Halloween fun.

Interviewer: Today we are joining Mrs. Spinwin at her house here in Vialle, where she has her house and front yard all decorated for Halloween. I have just stepped out of the car and am looking at her house. It's apparent she definitely gets into Halloween. She has setup a small cemetery in her front yard and I see at least one ghost in one of the oak trees surrounding her house. I had invited Chyli Anders to join us, but since she wasn't available she sent Joe Hern...Speaking of Joe Hern, he's pulling up right now.

Joe Hern: Hey all! Hope I didn't leave you waiting too long. 

Interviewer: I see you're dressed as a pirate.

Joe: Aye, sir!

Interviewer: Well, Joe, how did you first meet Mrs. Spinwin?

Joe: While helping Chyli and Jake solve The Mystery of Mechanics.

Interviewer: I won't have you tell us details about that right now, our listeners can tune in to hear all the details there.

Joe: Alright.

Interviewer: What I'd like to hear about from you is some things you know about Mrs. Spinwin.

Joe: I'd actually like her to get to show you.

Interviewer: Alright. Lead the way.

Joe: Hope you all like Halloween. You are in for a real treat. Mrs. Spinwin is awesome!

Interviewer: Well, you all heard him. Let's see if Mrs. Spinwin is ready for us.

*Joe leads the way up the front walk. As they turn up the front walk, a moaning sound is heard from the trees overhead and the ghost we saw, flies down from the trees, floats over the cemetery and comes to rest above the entrance.*

Interviewer: Wow! Does she do all this decorating herself?

Joe: Mostly yes, I think her neighbor Joseph helped some as well. I actually hung the ghost this year. All her ideas though.

*The front walk is dimly lit, with a red bulb at the front door that casts an eerie glow on the front step.

Joe: Can you tell she loves Halloween? 

*Joe rings the doorbell. After a long pause, the front door creaks open, with no apparent hostess. From the dark entry we hear a woman's voice...

Mrs. Spinwin: Hello, dears. Happy Halloween. You are just in time. I just pulled some tarts out of the oven.

Joe: After you.

Interviewer: Okay, we're entering the house. The decorations definitely continue inside. The front hall is also lit only with a red bulb. It adds more mystery as it isn't bright enough to light up the dark corners. As we enter there is a door on our right, perhaps a front closet, that is covered with spiders.

Joe: That's a door cling, pretty effective in the dim light though. Don't you think?

*The hallway opens to a sitting room on the left. There is a small cauldron sitting in the middle of the coffee table, the contents are bubbling and steaming.*

Mrs. Spinwin: Won't you both have a seat? Anyone for tea?

Joe: It's delicious!

Interviewer: Sure. Why not.

*Mrs. Spinwin ladles the tea from the bubbling cauldron.*

Interviewer: So, Mrs. Spinwin, we heard about your neighbor and the mystery surrounding that property, but we'd love to know more about you. Do you live in this large house all alone?

*Mrs. Spinwin hands out the tarts before speaking.*

Mrs Spinwin: Yes, I prefer it that way. Gives me lots of time to bake, and enjoy the neighbor kids.

Interviewer: Neighbor kids?

Mrs. Spinwin: Yes, they love Halloween as much as I do. I usually leave my decorations up all month and then immediately start planning for next year.

Interviewer: Is there a story behind why you love Halloween?

Mrs. Spinwin: I might have a few friends like the Laughlin ghost that keep me company the rest of the year. *She winks.* How about I show you the front yard in detail.

Interviewer: I'd love that.

*Mrs. Spinwin stands up to lead the way, then turns back.*

Mrs. Spinwin: Just one request, dear.

Interviewer: Ma'am.

Mrs. Spinwin: I'll show you everything, but the public interview ends here.

Interviewer: I understand. Okay. It's time for me to sign off, but catch more details of Mrs. Spinwin and how she adds to the adventure in The Mystery of Mechanics. Stay tuned for more!

Joe: Night all! And Happy Halloween!

No comments: