From The Author

Hey Readers! If you are looking for some excitement and mystery, with a little adventure, you have come to the right place! 'The Mystery of M' Series is targeted toward teen to young adults who enjoy a good mystery/adventure. Be sure to click on "Comment" and leave me a note with your thoughts. Enjoy the site!

Saturday, September 25, 2010

September 25, 2010

I am working on the final revisions to my first mystery book, The Mystery of Medicine. I have been working on this mystery since 2000. I have had quite a few revisions and it is much better than it was at the beginning. To start with the main character was a circus horseback rider and the horse was Phantom. Starting from that I stepped back and looked at exactly what I wanted to have happen. Well, then I got to thinking that more readers would be able to relate if the main characters had more of a normal life. That's how I came up with the experiences that happen in this book.
Many of my own experiences through the years have shaped this book. From what I learned about in school, to what job I was doing at the time and what I thought would be fun to do someday.
I came up with the idea on the series title by thinking about a couple of different book series that I had read. I was interested to see if I would be able to tie them all in somehow. I think that will be interesting.
My books are a lot like the Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys series, with lots of adventure and fun. However, they differ in that I have a girl and boy heroine that meet in the first one and become really good friends throughout the series.
That's all for now readers! I'll keep a constant blog going of my writing. Right now I'm going to get back to my editor's notes and see what other thoughts I can add to make this first book really worth reading.

No comments: