From The Author

Hey Readers! If you are looking for some excitement and mystery, with a little adventure, you have come to the right place! 'The Mystery of M' Series is targeted toward teen to young adults who enjoy a good mystery/adventure. Be sure to click on "Comment" and leave me a note with your thoughts. Enjoy the site!

Sunday, May 2, 2021

Writing Prompts

Ever wonder how the people come up with all those writing prompts? Do they just write down anything that comes into their heads? Some prompts are questions, the beginning of a sentence, or the start of an old story like "Once upon a time..."

Do you use writing prompts? Well, about two months ago I would have answered that question as "no." Now I have a different idea. I received a 300 Writing Prompts notebook a few years ago and when we moved I found it again. I started using this book recently and have found that it helps me develop my characters. 

You can use writing prompts lots of different ways, I have decided to pick a character then open the writing prompt book. Then I pretend that character I chose is being asked the question or given the prompt. It has actually helped me develop my characters more completely and I feel that is makes my characters more believable. 

Writing Prompt: What do you look forward to every week?

Jerry Rogers answered: I look forward to the next time I get to see my bride to be. I met Cara Awenson in high school and we became study partners for Biology class. I liked her right away, but thought she was into another boy at school, Jake Hammil. Who wouldn't be though, he is smart and good looking. I worked with him on a project for another class and we are good friends. He said  there was nothing special between him and Cara. I enjoyed studying with Cara and we even went out with the same friends group a few times. We didn't start dating till partway through senior year. I was so sure about us that I didn't wait long after graduation to ask her to marry me. She immediately said "Yes!" Now we are planning our wedding and we are both having lots of fun! Might sound weird that I'm having fun with wedding prep, but it's true.

No comments: