From The Author

Hey Readers! If you are looking for some excitement and mystery, with a little adventure, you have come to the right place! 'The Mystery of M' Series is targeted toward teen to young adults who enjoy a good mystery/adventure. Be sure to click on "Comment" and leave me a note with your thoughts. Enjoy the site!

Sunday, February 28, 2021

Q&A with Mike Hammil

Q: Have you ever spoken up when you saw something going on that was wrong

A: Yes,  have and man, it was definitely not easy. It happened a few years ago when George and I were in junior high. New school, but same bully from before. The boy was picking on a redheaded girl who was super quiet, the loner type. Probably a pretty sweet girl, but from a family who didn't have a lot of money. She usually brought homemade lunches that looked pretty good, but this bully kept bothering her. 

George and I watched it happen a couple of times, but then we stepped in. We wish we had stepped in earlier, because by the time we stepped up, her lunch was ruined on the floor. George stood up to the bully while I helped the girl salvage any of her lunch. 

"Why do you do that, Pete? Come on!" 

It didn't take much to get him to back off. The redhead ate with us that day. She was nice!

Q: Were you scared? 

A: Not really. I was more angry that someone would ruin a perfectly good lunch and make another person feel inferior. George agrees.

Q: What ended up happening? 

A: Well, the redhead didn't come back to school the next day and we actually haven't seen her since. I wish she hadn't left because I really wanted to get to know her better and try some of the yummy food she always brought. I wonder if we will ever see her again? We did check with dad too. He has connections since he works closely with the police. Her family moved out of state. Am I glad George and I stood up to defend her? Definitely!

No comments: