From The Author

Hey Readers! If you are looking for some excitement and mystery, with a little adventure, you have come to the right place! 'The Mystery of M' Series is targeted toward teen to young adults who enjoy a good mystery/adventure. Be sure to click on "Comment" and leave me a note with your thoughts. Enjoy the site!

Monday, February 15, 2021

Fiction vs. Non-Fiction

Where is the line drawn between fiction and non-fiction? Well, let's look at the definitions first.

Non-Fiction: based on facts, real events, and real people, such as biography or history

Fiction: describes imaginary events and people

Okay, with that information I'll give you some of my thoughts. My novels have quite a bit of truth to them, though they are not based on fact. I do like to include facts in my book though, for instance the weather, real cities, and the salvation message. In fact one of the things I like to do is pick a city and then change the name of it. The fictitious city of Carlsmon, California is based quite a bit on Escondido, California where I used to live. 

I like my stories to feel like they could happen to my readers, though I don't think I would really want my Chemistry project to lead me into a mystery. Yikes! ... I enjoy reading books that take me to a different place, but also feel like they could be true. Nothing personal against ghosts or superpowers, but those just aren't my preference. 

Do you prefer to write fiction or non-fiction? 

No comments: