From The Author

Hey Readers! If you are looking for some excitement and mystery, with a little adventure, you have come to the right place! 'The Mystery of M' Series is targeted toward teen to young adults who enjoy a good mystery/adventure. Be sure to click on "Comment" and leave me a note with your thoughts. Enjoy the site!

Sunday, October 11, 2020

My Poems

For those of you who don't know. I not only write teen/young adult mystery adventure novels, but poems as well. This week I'll be sharing two of my published poems and the story behind each one.

Back when I was in high school, we had a writing assignment for English, to write a poem about something we were passionate about. As I recall, the only subject I even thought of was horses. Well, then of course, I had to write the poem and it was one of those where each line was supposed to be a certain length. I ended up writing "Harry" and entering it in a poetry contest. It also helped inspire my first mystery novel so you'll find it there as well as below. Do you have something you are passionate about? I would love to hear who or what you enjoy.

Harry

A gentleman in all his ways,
He likes me it is easily seen,
He kisses my hand,
He takes me out,
I have known him a year and a half.
When we go riding together people say we are a perfect match.
I wish he could be with me always,
But a horse of 30 years is in the twilight of his days.

This was an especially fun one, because it could be talking about a human boy that I like, until the last line when it is revealed to be talking about a horse I love.

The other poem I would like to share today was actually written for my third novel, The Mystery of Multiples. It was a fun one because it was the first poem I wrote for one of my novels. The 2 before it had already been written and I just chose them for the books. I enjoy having and/or writing a poem for each of my novels, it allows me to share another thing I enjoy doing.

Flight

 

The line,

The people,

The bags,

The noise.

 

The coffee,

The soda,

The burgers,

The candy.

 

The chairs,

The books,

The phones,

 The laptops.

 

The call,

The rush,

The tunnel,

The step.

 

The greeting,

The stowing,

The sitting,

The instruction.

 

The engine,

The clicking,

The murmur,

The silence.

 

The roar,

The whistle,

The acceleration,

The take-off.


No comments: