From The Author

Hey Readers! If you are looking for some excitement and mystery, with a little adventure, you have come to the right place! 'The Mystery of M' Series is targeted toward teen to young adults who enjoy a good mystery/adventure. Be sure to click on "Comment" and leave me a note with your thoughts. Enjoy the site!

Monday, April 1, 2013

April 1, 2013


Hi All! Hope you are doing well! I have been busy working on the third book as well as continuing to work full-time and train/ride my two horses! Whew! God is good! I am enjoying a great time in my life!
What makes a good story? That depends on who you ask. A young child might say a story with lots of pictures. The pictures need to have bright colors to draw their eye! Someone else might say that the cover is what grabs them, if they pick up the book and don’t see what they are looking for in the cover, they will put it back and not even read the summary.
What makes a good story? First, you need to know who your audience is. I am targeting 11-16 year old people who are looking for a little mystery and adventure. My covers include a few intriguing elements from the book that will grab the attention of the audience.
I ask my editors what they think of the cover, what grabs their attention, what might stick out and actually detract from my purpose? These are all things that go into writing, finalizing, and publishing a great story.
What are some things you think of that might be helpful to other writers out there? All thoughts are encouraged!
Happy Easter!

No comments: